Friday, March 12, 2010

The Swiss Alps




The last place I would like to visit is the Swiss Alps. My mom and I have always wanted to hike the swiss alps. They have a trip where you can hike everyday from one bed and breakfast to another that are tucked away secretly all along the mountain trails. It would be magical to hike these beautiful mountains and great bonding time with family. The trek we would like to do is called the Haute route and it starts in Chamonix, France and ends in Switzerland. All along the way you hike through adorable, tiny swiss villages and really get to experience a new culture. Along with hiking, they also have trails for biking, rock climbing, and paragliding along the mountains. The Alps are known to be a hikers all time favorite area for hiking and since my mom is very into hiking I think this would be the perfect vacation to take her on someday. Also, while in Switzerland there are many other beautiful places I would love to see while there. The scenery all around is absolutely breathtaking in this country and greener than anything I've ever seen in the United States. It also has hundreds of well known museums and art galleries that are perfect for tourists while making time aside from the hiking.

1 comment:

  1. When I think of the Alps and Switzerland, I think of the end of The Sound of Music when they are climbing over the mountains. What a walk that would have been!

    ReplyDelete